Let’s look at some of the things Christian has done.
- Bought Ana ludicrously expensive books and refused to take them back
- Traced Ana’s cell phone and followed her to a bar
- Taken Ana to his hotel room while she was intoxicated, where he removed her clothes and slept next to her
- Warned Ana that he is “dangerous” and that she should stay far away from him, and then proceeded to coerce her into sexual activity with him anyways
- Repeatedly physically cornered/restrained Ana in a sexual context without her consent
- Been incredibly reticent in explaining any of the above behavior to Ana
That is not a man I would trust. He’s inconsistent, inconsiderate, and controlling. He seems to view others more as objects than as people. I’m obviously not qualified to perform a PCL-R, but Christian seems like a psychopath to me.
Nothing about him screams ‘trustworthy’. Given Ana’s natural suspiciousness and tendency towards anxiety, I’m surprised she hasn’t fled in horror yet.